Established in 2019 Fairways of the World aims to change the way the golf travel market works.
Our CEO is Paul Siviter. Prior to founding Fairways of the World Paul had spent his career in senior management in a number of consumer goods companies including several years in the travel industry. Paul is a keen amateur golfer with a playing handicap of 8. Paul still plays a very active role in the running of Fairways of the World and remains the primary contact with our suppliers.
Sophie is our ladies and long haul golf break specialist. Sophie is a former County Girls golfer and has spent an extended time travelling the world, including a 12 month working holiday in Australia.
Of course our primary aim is to offer clients the best possible deals and we are confident that we will not be beaten on price by any other bona fide UK based golf break tour operator. Our business model is based on keeping our overheads as low as possible meaning that we can pass savings on to our clients. Feel free to ask us to quote against any other offer.
But it is the outstanding customer service that we offer that we believe really makes us a step above the competition. Here are just some of our key points of difference.
- 100% of our business is conducted through UK golf clubs – book with someone that you know and can trust.
- We ensure that our clients money remains their money until as close as possible to travelling
- We offer the lowest deposit payments at the time of booking – usually only £30 per person (we’ll tell you upfront if it is any different)
- All deposits paid to us are held ‘in trust’ until such time as payment is required by our suppliers.
- We collect balance payments as late as possible – usually 30 days prior to travel (we’ll tell you upfront if it is to be sooner)
- All balance payments are held ‘in trust’ until such time as payment is required by our suppliers.
- Holding client funds ‘in trust’ means that unlike most other travel businesses we do not use clients money to fund our own day to day operations – we only recognise any profit made after the client has returned to the UK.
- For this reason we are not members of ABTA which serves primarily to protect the interest of the travel trade rather than consumers.
The real value of this new business model approach came to the fore in the Covid-19 pandemic crisis. Whilst the likes of ABTA and its members were lobbying government to retrospectively change the law to enable its members to issue credit notes rather than cash refunds we refunded 100% of our clients in full within 7 days of cancellation.
We also operate a very transparent cancellation policy, firstly recognising that plans do change from time to time and secondly to ensure that we are able to offer clients as much flexibility as possible in the event of extraordinary circumstances such as the Covid-19 pandemic.
- If, after booking, a trip is cancelled because of travel restrictions imposed by either the UK government or the government of the destination country clients are entitled to a full refund. If any of our golf course / hotel partners operate a different cancellation policy we will advise you before any payments are made.
- If the clients funds are still held in trust by us that refund will be paid within 7 working days.
- If the clients funds are held by our supplier the refund will be paid within 7 days of us receiving funds back from the supplier.
- If, after booking, the client decides to cancel the trip for any reason other than stated above the client will only forfeit the deposit paid providing that the balance has not yet been paid. If the balance has been paid the cancellation policy of each of our suppliers will be relevant. This can be made available to clients on request either at the time of booking or at the time of paying the balance.
The only exceptions will be for occasions where a special deal offered by any of our suppliers requires payment in full at the time of booking. In these circumstances we will always advise clients that this is the case prior to the booking being confirmed and will advise clients of the cancellation conditions imposed by the supplier.